Get more information
Start the Journey of your Child
“All we can say is WOW! Thank you for always going above and beyond for our family!” – Patterson Family
The best way to learn why A Childs Journey Montessori School is the perfect school for your family is to tour!
Complete this form and we we’ll be in touch in a jiffy! We can’t wait to talk with you!
We would love to show you are amazing school.
- Visit our social Media Sites! For a great overview of our classrooms, curriculum and staff and to see day to day activities, check out our Social Media links including Facebook and Instagram.
- Take a tour-see us in Action! Schedule a Tour with your child. Tours last approximately 30 minutes and include an introduction to the program with an opportunity to ask questions, observe classroom activities, circle times and teacher-child interactions. Tours are held on Tuesdays mornings from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. because all classrooms are in full swing and you will get a great look at a typical day. Children over the age of 15 months must accompany the family on the tour day.
- Submit an application and $150 non-refundable application fee.
Enrollment is accepted on a year-round basis.
- Complete a tour of the program.
- Submit an application, which includes a $150 non-refundable application fee.
- The Admissions Director will contact you to discuss your child’s placement based on the evaluation and openings. An acceptance letter and contract will be sent once enrollment date has been agreed upon.
- Signed contract, enrollment fee and first month tuition due within three business days of acceptance in order to guarantee placement.
1.) Fully accredited Montessori classrooms.
- Our Montessori rooms are accredited as Full Member by The American Montessori Society (AMS), who is the foremost advocate for quality Montessori education, an innovative, child-centered approach to learning. AMS sets the high professional standards that inform Montessori education as practiced in AMS-accredited schools and taught in AMS-affiliated teacher education. AMS is a not-for-profit organization based in New York City, with nearly 13,000 members worldwide.
2.) We have a full time Culinary Chief on site.
- All meals are included in the tuition and are made on site by our own Culinary Chief. We provide Organic Milk at each meal.
- Breakfast, Lunch and afternoon snack provided within the tuition
3.) Tadpoles Virtual Day Notes…Keep track of your child’s day, without doing a thing!
- We believe that communication between our teachers and parents is a vital component of your child’s experience at A Child’s Journey Montessori School. In order for your family to have the best we have introduced a virtual day note software called Tadpoles. Now, both parents will never miss a beat! Be sure to ask about Tadpoles during your tour at Bright Beginnings!
4.) All Teachers (100%) are CPR Certified and have a current Background Clearance.
- Yes… you read that right! Every single teacher and teacher’s assistant in our buildings is CPR and First Aid Certified! We want your family to have the highest quality child care… because your little one deserves the best…it’s as simple as that!
5.) Our Delicious Gardens and Beautiful Flower Garden
- We love to teach our kids where the food they eat comes from- and what better way than to have your own vegetable garden! We have our very own garden- and get this- we use our own herbs and tomatoes in our freshly prepared meals each day.
6.) We have Chickens too.
- The children love to help collect eggs, refill feeders, and waterers, and watch the chickens chase bugs in our garden. This experience helps children with empathy as they care for another living thing be it an animal or plants in the garden and classrooms.
7.) Weekly Music Specialist
- Our curriculum really is out of this world- we love to embrace the whole child! We are thrilled to offer a weekly music specialist at A Child’s Journey Montessori School!
8.) Rest Easy…We Have Secure Buildings
- Your child’s safety is our first priority. Upon enrolling your child, you will receive a ADT security key card and that will allow you to enter our building. Those without key cards will have to ring our doorbell and have a Director identify you. You will also be asked to pick a 4-digit pin to sign your child in and out daily after entering the building. We strongly encourage our parents not to “piggy back” with one and other while entering our schools. While its second nature to want to hold the door for a fellow parent with their hands full, it is best to swipe your key card individually, so we will have a record of who specifically enters our building at all times. If you know you are going to have your hands full during drop off, please don’t hesitate to call ahead to ask your site director for a hand- we are more than happy to meet you outside!
9.) Resident Turtle (Flames)
- All the Children love to say Hi and Bye to Flames each day. Having a Turtle allows children to make connections with our natural world, promotes animal kindness and respect for other living creatures.
10.) Soccer Shots
- Soccer Shots Mini is a high-energy program introducing children to fundamental soccer principles, such as using your feet, dribbling and the basic rules of the game.
- Through fun games, songs and positive reinforcement, children will begin to experience the joy of playing soccer and being active.
Come join our family!
“Dhruvi loves A Child’s Journey Montessori School! She has been going to Kirkland for over 2 years now. The staff is very friendly and treats us like family. We could not think of a better place for Dhruvi to be at!”-Patel Family
- Celebrating 30 years at the same location
- Enroll full or part-time
- Our extra’s- organic cooking by Full Time Culinary Chief on Staff
- State-of-the art security systems ensure safety is our priority
- Licensed by the City of Kirkland and the Department of Early Learning
- Developmentally Appropriate Curriculum utilizes best early childhood practices
- Caring experienced early childhood teachers with an average of 8 years at A Child’s Journey Montessori School
- Our parents get free coffee every day! Yep-You read that right- FREE COFFEE!
- Locally owned & operated by Mrs. Linda Gamroth
- Creative curriculum encourages child initiated learning
- Teacher training exceeds licensing regulations-by 4 times the amount of early childhood training required
- Every single staff member certified in infant/child CPR, First Aid! STARS trained staff on site at all times
- Diverse Staff and part of Early Achievers Program with the University of Washington
- Fabulous guest speakers
- Degreed/mastered & experienced caregivers
- Large property and play areas-we have nature playground!
- Spacious, Bright Classrooms
- Special Birthday celebration “see video”
- Prepares your child for kindergarten success
- Family events throughout the year Parent Night Out
- Open Door Policy welcomed at A Child’s Journey Montessori School!
- Parental Involvement including Fall Celebration, Spring planting party
- Active social media updates throughout the day
- Daily virtual day notes from your teachers
- Organic Gardens at each school
- We have a fantastic Facebook!
- We have music, and Soccer Scots
- We do yoga with our little ones
- Baby sign language
- GoNoodle brain breaks during the day!
After I take a tour, What is the next step in enrollment?
Once you take the tour, if you feel that A Childs Journey Montessori School is a good fit for your family, you will need to complete an application which includes a $150 non-refundable application fee. Once this application is received we will send you an acceptance email and confirmed contracted start date.
Will I be able to go over my enrollment paperwork?
Yes. We schedule a new family orientation with you and review all of your paperwork as well as important policies and procedures.
Does my child have to have immuniztions?
You are free to opt out for a personal or religious exemption on any immunization. In the event of an outbreak of an illness that your child has not been immunized against, you will be notified, and your child will not be able to attend while the risk is present. If you choose an exemption, please specify that on the immunization paperwork when you enroll your child.
If I change my mind after reserving a space, what happens to the first months tution?
In order to guarantee a space for your child and maintain a high-quality program, we ask for the first’s month’s tuition within five business days from the date of acceptance. This policy ensures that a spot is held for your child and is non-refundable should you change your mind.
How can I help my child adjust to School?
It is important to include your child in what is happening as your family begins this adventure. You will receive a welcome packet prior to your start date which will include orientation dates for you and your child. These orientations will help students and parents become familiar with our school and its layout, the various enrichment programs, food program and outdoor classroom experiences. Orientation for students includes visiting the classroom prior to start date. Children have the opportunity to meet with teachers and peers, explore the classroom and become familiar with classroom expectations.
To help your child in the first few days of school it is important to be enthusiastic. It is always helpful to plan ahead and be prepared for the first day so that you are not stressed or anxious as your child gets ready for school. Establish a set of daily routines. Your child takes his cues from you. This will help your child adjust to and be able to predict daily events. This also helps your child feel more secure during separation.
Is my child being interviewed during the observation and tour?
The purpose of the observation is to observe your child in a classroom setting to determine the child’s readiness for our program as well as developmental level for placement. The interview is for you to discuss with us the program and expectations as well as determine if our program and your family are a good fit. All this happens during our personal individual tour.
Do you give credits for missed days?
In order to guarantee space and provide the highest quality education, A Childs Journey Montessori School does not offer any credits for missed days for any reason. Please refer to the parent handbook for more specifics.
Is your meal program included in the tuition?
Yes. There is no additional charge for our organic meal program. We also offer a 1-hour complimentary consultation with our in-house nutritionist for any food-related concerns you may have regarding your child.
What if my child doesn’t speak English?
Teachers at have extensive experience with ESL students. Due to our diverse population, your child will be supported in adjusting to this new environment. Children respond well to our predictable and safe environment. You are encouraged to provide teachers with a list of words frequently used in your child’s home to facilitate communication. More than 5 different languages are spoken by our faculty and often other bilingual students are also available to help children who have not yet learned English.
Do you go outside to play, rain or shine?
Outdoor play is an essential part of your student’s day and children are required by licensing regulations to participate in daily outdoor activities. However, in severe cold or hot weather, children stay indoors. (Please refer to the parent handbook for specifications.) In order for your child to have the best outdoor experience, please be sure to provide your child with appropriate clothing for all weather, such as boots and a raincoat.
How is discipline handled at the school?
Your child has individual needs. Discipline at the school is based on an understanding of those needs as well as your child’s stage of development. Students generally struggle as a result of unmet underlying needs such as security, comfort, acceptance, boredom etc. They may have difficulty or demonstrate lack of cooperation due to their inexperience or lack of maturity. There are often various contributing factors in students’ abilities, or lack thereof, to manage or regulate their behaviors.
We seek to facilitate the development of your child’s maturity by bringing awareness and understanding of oneself, and by supporting self-respect and inner control. To support students in their process of inner-directed discipline, we employ redirection, self-reflection, role modeling, logical consequences, choices, environmental adjustments and peer-to-peer conflict resolution techniques.
We support genuine encounters as a way for your child to build authentic relationships. We “slow down” to listen to their issues and gently aid in working out solutions within their peer groups. For behaviors that require adult intervention, we offer choices and logical consequences that follow the “3 R’s:”
The 3 R’s of Discipline
- Related to what happened
- Respectful of the student
- Reasonable based on the student’s age and level of development
In the event a student is unable to respond positively to our guidance, we require parent involvement. At this time, if appropriate, a specific individual behavior plan is designed. Parent’s cooperation is required.
How much notice do you require for withdrawal?
We require a written withdrawal notice at least 30 days in advance. In the event that notice is given less than 30 days prior to the withdrawal date, you will be billed and responsible for tuition 30 days after your written withdrawal notice.