1.) Fully accredited Montessori classrooms.
- Our Montessori rooms are accredited as Full Member by The American Montessori Society (AMS), who is the foremost advocate for quality Montessori education, an innovative, child-centered approach to learning. AMS sets the high professional standards that inform Montessori education as practiced in AMS-accredited schools and taught in AMS-affiliated teacher education. AMS is a not-for-profit organization based in New York City, with nearly 13,000 members worldwide.
2.) We have a full time Culinary Chef on site.
- All meals are included in the tuition and are made on site by our own Culinary Chef. We provide Organic Milk at each meal.
- Breakfast, Lunch and afternoon snack provided within the tuition
3.) Tadpoles Virtual Day Notes…Keep track of your child’s day, without doing a thing!
- We believe that communication between our teachers and parents is a vital component of your child’s experience at A Child’s Journey Montessori School. In order for your family to have the best we have introduced a virtual day note software called Tadpoles. Now, both parents will never miss a beat! Be sure to ask about Tadpoles during your tour at A Child’s Journey Montessori School.
4.) All Teachers (100%) are CPR Certified and have a current Background Clearance.
- Yes… Every single teacher and teacher’s assistant in our buildings is CPR and First Aid Certified! We want your family to have the highest quality child care… because your little one deserves the best…it’s as simple as that!
5.) Our Delicious Gardens and Beautiful Flower Garden
- We love to teach our kids where the food they eat comes from- and what better way than to have your own vegetable garden! We have our very own garden- and get this- we use our own herbs and tomatoes in our freshly prepared meals each day.
6.) We have Chickens too.
- The children love to help collect eggs, refill feeders, and waterers, and watch the chickens chase bugs in our garden. This experience helps children with empathy as they care for another living thing be it an animal or plants in the garden and classrooms.
7.) Weekly Music Specialist
- Our curriculum really is out of this world- we love to embrace the whole child! We are thrilled to offer a weekly music specialist at A Child’s Journey Montessori School!
8.) Rest Easy…We Have Secure Buildings
- Your child’s safety is our first priority. Upon enrolling your child, you will receive a ADT security key card and that will allow you to enter our building. Those without key cards will have to ring our doorbell and have a Director identify you. You will also be asked to pick a 4-digit pin to sign your child in and out daily after entering the building. We strongly encourage our parents not to “piggy back” with one and other while entering our schools. While its second nature to want to hold the door for a fellow parent with their hands full, it is best to swipe your key card individually, so we will have a record of who specifically enters our building at all times. If you know you are going to have your hands full during drop off, please don’t hesitate to call ahead to ask your site director for a hand- we are more than happy to meet you outside!
9.) Resident Turtle (Flames)
- All the Children love to say Hi and Bye to Flames each day. Having a Turtle allows children to make connections with our natural world, promotes animal kindness and respect for other living creatures.
10.) Soccer Shots
- Soccer Shots Mini is a high-energy program introducing children to fundamental soccer principles, such as using your feet, dribbling and the basic rules of the game.
- Through fun games, songs and positive reinforcement, children will begin to experience the joy of playing soccer and being active.